Food Stylist / Photographer - Job Opportunity
We're looking for a superstar Food Stylist/Photographer to join the dream team at Youfoodz.
Here at Youfoodz, our mission is simple. Our mission is simple - we believe in freedom and challenging the status quo by being different. We are the future of food and we are always hungry for what's next! At Youfoodz we're busting our gut to bring talented people together. You'll get to work with a team that says yes to new ideas, a team that is about innovation. This will be a full-time position with an immediate start for the right person that astounds us with their awesomeness.
You are someone with a true passion for food in all forms. You make mouth-watering and insta-worthy food imagery using methods and techniques garnered from experience to carefully and artfully prepare, arrange and photograph food. You possess a sixth sense of how to translate perception of taste, aroma and the culinary appeal of a served dish, through photography and video.
What You'll Do
- Plan, prepare, style, photograph and edit food for advertising, marketing, social and eCommerce needs
- Source and prepare ingredients to be photographed
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and culinary teams to schedule shoots and execute needs
- Work with other photographers and videographers to schedule and coordinate photo shoots as needed
- Be knowledgeable about lighting, composition, editing and processing photographs
- Create mood boards and communicate style direction
- Be ahead of the crowd with current and upcoming trends
- Participate in creative brainstorms / pre-production meetings
- Organize and execute in-house studio photography shoots
- Assist maintaining our in-house studio - manage equipment and other studio needs
- Work closely with the creative and marketing teams to ensure that the look and feel of the brand is consistent
- Collaborate with other stylists, photographers and videographers
- Prepare produce on shoot day for food styling and set up photography studio including cleaning up and packing down.
- Style food for projects including prop and background selection
- Procure props for shoots when necessary
- Photograph food for projects and make sure imagery fits the discussed brief
- Upload images, categorize, select, edit, export and notify designers/marketing when images are available
What you'll bring
- Commercial experience as a food stylist/photographer
- At least two years’ experience with food styling.
- At least three years’ experience with food/studio photography
- High Level of technique and ability to style food in a fast-paced environment
- A strong food related portfolio showing food styling and photography technical ability
- Strong Knowledge of Food Photography including studio settings
- Skilled food stylist and photographer with an eye for food and design
- Solid understanding of the latest food styling techniques and trends
- Technical and creative experience in the art of photography and all forms of lighting to capture mouth-watering food imagery
- Extensive knowledge of cooking techniques, food preparation, decoration and plating for the camera
- An extremely resourceful shopper with a little black book of prop and background contacts
- Mad skills with Adobe Creative Suite and other industry standard design tools on Mac OS
- Solid image retouching, editing and post-production skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills – able to self-prioritize projects, workflow and schedule
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback, and execute accordingly
- Self-starter that is highly comfortable working efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Social media savviness. Passion for pop culture, food, and lifestyle a plus
- Ridiculous accuracy and attention to detail
- Presenting work to stakeholders is second nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively & handle pressure when necessary
- Ability to find solutions & take initiative
Bonus Points for
- Bachelors Degree in Photography or Fine Art with related subjects
- Exceptional culinary skills (hospitality, chef school or cooking class experience)
- Strong working knowledge of food chemistry principles and techniques
- Expert level image retouching ability
- Video shooting and editing skills
What You'll Get at Youfoodz HQ
- In-house agency vibes
- Work in a fun team of creative & innovative minds
- Be a part of the fastest growing company in the industry
- Flexible work environment
- Food is everywhere (it's overwhelming)
- Employee Discount Program (never worry about dinner again)
- Epic staff parties
- Surrounded by people who love what they do
We're a young, energetic crew at Youfoodz, our success to date is testament to the team we have and we definitely put 110% heart and soul into everything we do. We work hard (and sometimes play harder) and we are looking for someone to join the fam who share our family values.
If you think you've got what we need, we would love you to send through your epic portfolio (mandatory), resume and a cover letter explaining why we should want you to be the newest member of our dream team!
Extra points for creative delivery.